Dear Greyson,
They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions... all my life I have thought this quote means that when you intend to do a good thing but don't act on it, you might as well have done the opposite since you did nothing at all. A quick wiki search told me it actually means something else, but for this blog entry I will retain my original meaning. I can't believe that I set out 7 years ago to write blog entries for you and your brother (and any other children) so that you may have these wonderful stories of your childhood to read one day, and yet here you sit, at 3.5 years old, with only your introduction written down at 25 days old.
If nothing else, I hope that the thousands of pictures & videos we have taken over the years will serve to tell you just how loved you are, and how you lit up our little family from the day you arrived. So, I may be absolutely terrible at writing to you and your siblings, but I will definitely pay for any amount of storage necessary to keep pictures saved for you all to look back on one day.
For purposes of this post I will share some of my favorites from your very first year, in the hopes that I will be slightly more caught up next time I sit down to write.
 |
| At less than a month old, you were already getting compliments on your big eyes and eyelashes. I imagine they will continue to be your defining features your entire life. |
 |
| September 1, 2019 was your blessing day |
 |
| At around 3 months your eyes kept changing color, like they almost wanted to match your name and turn grey instead of brown. |
 |
| These were the worst days of your life so far, at 4.5 months old you were hospitalized for 4 days with RSV. It was awful, yet you managed to smile and play with your hands a few times. |
 |
| We were so happy that you got discharged after 4 days of non-stop coughing! |
 |
| This picture was a curtesy of Aunt Autumn, you loved to smile for her! |
 |
| Your first dentist appointment at 9 months, you had 0 teeth |
 |
| March of 2020, COVID19 hit and the whole country went on lockdown. Emmett didn't return to school so you got a lot more 1 on 1 time with your big brother |
 |
| Your mini cake-smash at your astronaut-themed birthday (Emmett helped choose the theme for you) |
Comments
Post a Comment