Hello baby boy! Your birth story is very very different from big brothers', I guess you wanted to make up for all the discomfort of pregnancy because you were born so quickly!
You were born at 2:01 PM on June 18, 2019. You were 8 pounds 1 ounce and 20 inches long... still a big baby by normal standards, but a little baby compared to Emmett. I am glad you are my second child and that I am not an anxious, nervous wreck about everything I do. So far you seem a bit more challenging than what I expected; you wake up to eat exactly every 2 hours around the clock. You are about 25 days old today, and last night you have finally decided to increase that 2-hour block to 2.5 hours. Still not the best, but I'll take it!
You did lose a lot of weight your first few days of life, your weight was 6 pounds 10 ounces at your first pediatrician visit just 2 days after birth! What happened!? I can tell you.... we had issues with breastfeeding. Everyone at the hospital kept telling me that colostrum was all you needed for those first few days, but my breast milk didn't come in until you were 6 days old! Thank goodness I started you on formula or else you would have starved.
Now you are growing at an alarming rate; your first week home I went and bought preemie clothing for you to wear, then you grew into newborn size by your second week, and now at week 3 you are wearing 0-3 month clothes!
You do have some issues with spitting up food, I can't figure out if you are eating too often or if you have acid reflux... we will definitely be asking the pediatrician about this at your 1-month visit which is coming up soon.
So far you love to be held, especially on mom or dad's chest and on the Boba Wrap, which you are currently huddled in while I type this out. I am also trying to get you to like pacifiers, but you don't seem too thrilled for them. You also love to have your hands up by your face... I tried swaddling you a few times but you absolutely hate it! That's a shame, I had swaddling down to an art with Emmett, but that just goes to show how different you guys are already.
Love you tons, baby dear!
-Mom
You were born at 2:01 PM on June 18, 2019. You were 8 pounds 1 ounce and 20 inches long... still a big baby by normal standards, but a little baby compared to Emmett. I am glad you are my second child and that I am not an anxious, nervous wreck about everything I do. So far you seem a bit more challenging than what I expected; you wake up to eat exactly every 2 hours around the clock. You are about 25 days old today, and last night you have finally decided to increase that 2-hour block to 2.5 hours. Still not the best, but I'll take it!
You did lose a lot of weight your first few days of life, your weight was 6 pounds 10 ounces at your first pediatrician visit just 2 days after birth! What happened!? I can tell you.... we had issues with breastfeeding. Everyone at the hospital kept telling me that colostrum was all you needed for those first few days, but my breast milk didn't come in until you were 6 days old! Thank goodness I started you on formula or else you would have starved.
Now you are growing at an alarming rate; your first week home I went and bought preemie clothing for you to wear, then you grew into newborn size by your second week, and now at week 3 you are wearing 0-3 month clothes!
You do have some issues with spitting up food, I can't figure out if you are eating too often or if you have acid reflux... we will definitely be asking the pediatrician about this at your 1-month visit which is coming up soon.
So far you love to be held, especially on mom or dad's chest and on the Boba Wrap, which you are currently huddled in while I type this out. I am also trying to get you to like pacifiers, but you don't seem too thrilled for them. You also love to have your hands up by your face... I tried swaddling you a few times but you absolutely hate it! That's a shame, I had swaddling down to an art with Emmett, but that just goes to show how different you guys are already.
Love you tons, baby dear!
-Mom

Comments
Post a Comment